1 Tonight is the first game of the 2018 World Series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Boston Red Sox.
2. City of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham City Council will hold a special meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. to discuss the mayor Yvonne Spicer’s appointment of Steven Trask as Framingham’s newest police chief. The meeting was originally scheduled for 7 p.m., but there will now be an executive session (closed to the public meeting) at 7. The meeting will be held at the Blumer room in the Memorial Building.
- Framingham Retirement Board is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m.
- Keefe Technical’s school council has a meeting scheduled at 2:15 p.m. at 750 Winter Street
- City Council’s appointment subcommittee has a meeting scheduled at 6:30 p.m. The committee also met last night.
- Framingham Traffic Commission is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Ablondi room. The Commission is anticipated to vote on parking meter rates tonight.
3. FLYERS in action:
- The Framingham High unified basketball team has the program’s first-ever win yesterday over Newton North‘s Tigers.
- Framingham High girls swim and dive travels to Westwood High for a 4 p.m.meet against the Rebels of Walpole High.
- Framingham girls and boys cross country hosts Braintree High at 4 p.m., weather permitting
- Framingham High girls volleyball travels to Natick for a 4 p.m. match against the Red Hawks
4. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer is scheduled to the special meeting of the Framingham City Council tonight.
The Mayor will meet with the public today from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building.
5. The Christa McAuliffe Charter School is holding an informational session tonight from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. at 139 Newbury Street in Framingham.