By Framingham State athletics
WORCESTER – The Framingham State University men’s soccer received a pair of goals from junior Bryce Nardizzi as the Rams defeated Worcester State University 4-1 Saturday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference action at Coughlin Field in Worcester.
Nardizzi, a Framingham High product, is a junior and has a dozen goals this season.
With the victory, Framingham State is now 10-502 overall and 4-0-2 in the Conference.
Worcester State falls to 6-7-2 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lancers struck first in the 30th minute with a goal off the foot of Bryan Brasil. Tomas Caneira found a gap in the defense and fed a pass to Brasil who converted
- A Worcester State foul in the box in the 33rd minute led to a penalty. Senior Ken Stahovish took the kick and sent it to the bottom left corner evening the score at 1-1.
- Another Worcester State foul led to the Rams second goal of the contest as Nardizzi converted a free kick from 30 yards out in the 43rd minute for the 2-1 lead.
- Nardizzi and sophomore Akeem Bucknor added insurance markers for the Rams in the second half to help secure the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams held a 15-10 advantage in shots for the game including 7-3 in the first half. Each team attempted three corner kicks in the game.
- Corey Davidge earned the win in net for the Rams making just one save, while Henri Guilmette took the loss for the Lancers and made four saves.
- The Rams have reached the 10 victory mark for the first time since the 2010 season when they went 11-10-1 on the year.
The Rams host Lasell College on Wednesday for a non-conference at 4:30 p.m.
Photo courtesy of Framingham State athletics