By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State men’s soccer team defeated Emerson College by a score of 2-0 in non-conference action on Tuesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
With the win, Framingham State is now 9-5-2 overll.
With the loss, Emerson College drops to 3-10-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The two teams played to a scoreless first half thanks to a great leaping save by Rams keeper John Davidge to keep the Lions off the board.
- Emerson keeper David Kemp (London, England) answered early in the second making a diving save off a one-time shot from Isaac De Souza to keep the game scoreless.
- The Rams broke the scoreless tie in the 53rdminute when Ken Stahovish headed a long pass from Mitchell Thackaberry over a leaping Kemp into the back of the net.
- The Rams added to their lead with just over ten minutes to play when De Souza bent a strike past a crashing keeper off a pass from Austin Botelho
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kemp made three stops in net for the Lions
- Davidge made six saves in the shutout for the Rams.
- The Lions outshot the Rams 17-to-13 and were awarded 5 corner kicks to the Rams 1.