FRAMINGHAM – Construction projects continue on major roads in the City of Framingham this week.
Below is a list of projects the week of October 14 – city, state, and utility work.
All schedules are weather permitting,
- Concord Street: Expect moderate traffic delays as crews perform utility improvements in areas along Concord Street between Cochituate Road (Rt. 30) and School Street between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Cottage Street: Expect moderate delays as crews perform utility improvements between School Street and Danforth Street between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Dinsmore Avenue: Dinsmore Avenue will be closed as crews make utility improvements. Work will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Edgell Road: Expect minor delays on Edgell Road as crews begin to mobilize for upcoming utility improvements between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Flanagan Drive: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements along the sidewalk between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Fountain Street: Expect moderate delays as crews perform roadway improvements overnight between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.A detour will be in place for this work.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minor delays as crews continue utility work on Indian Head Heights between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lanewood Avenue: Roadway closure between Briarwood Road and Waveney Road until November as crews perform utility improvements under the aqueduct. Traffic will detour onto Angelica Drive and Waveney Way to access Waveney Road.
- Little Farms Road, Shawmut Terrace, Little Farms Road, Angelica Drive: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements between 7:00 a.m-3:00 p.m.
- Nixon Road: Expect moderate delays this week as crews complete punchlist items on the roadway from Edmands Road to Parmenter Road and Parmenter Road to the Marlborough town line between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Old Conn. Path: Expect moderate delays this week as crews complete punchlist items from School Street to the Wayland town line between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Speen Street: Expect minor traffic impacts as crews complete punchlist items on Speen Street between Old Conn. Path and Cochituate Road between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Union Avenue: Northbound travel (heading toward Route 9) will be permitted through the work zone (between Melrose Street and Walnut Street). Southbound traffic between Walnut Street and Melrose Street is NOT permitted; traffic will be detoured to Franklin Street (southbound) to Melrose Street to reconnect with Union Avenue. All trucks and over-sized vehicles heading southbound must use Franklin Street. Two-way local traffic traveling between Main Street and Walnut Street will be maintained.
Additionally, work will take place in the area of the MetroWest Medical Center on Lincoln, Thurber, Myrtle, Learned and Evergreen Streets. Please take notice of posted parking restrictions.
The City requests that motorists do not cut through residential side streets or parking lots to circumvent the detour; that type of activity can create traffic issues and unsafe situations for pedestrians.