FRAMINGAM – The following is road construction projects in the City of Framingham Columbus Day week.
The projects include City of Framingham, state and utility projects.
All construction schedules are weather permitting and are subject to change.
- Concord Street: Expect minor traffic delays as crews perform utility improvements in areas along Cherry Street to School Street and A Street south of Bonito Drive between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cottage Street: Expect moderate delays as crews perform utility improvements between School Street and Danforth Street between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Flanagan Drive: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements along the sidewalk between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fountain Street: Expect minor delays as crews perform roadway improvements overnight between 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. A detour will be in place for this work.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minor delays as crews continue utility work on Indian Head Heights between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lanewood Avenue: Roadway closure between Briarwood Road and Waveney Road until November as crews perform utility improvements under the aqueduct. Traffic will detour onto Angelica Drive and Waveney Way to access Waveney Road.
- Little Farms Road: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nixon Road: Expect moderate delays on Tuesday, October 9 and Wednesday, October 10 as crews complete punchlist items on the roadway from Edmands Road to Parmenter Road and Parmenter Road to the Marlborough town line between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Old Connecticut Path: Expect moderate delays on Friday, October 12 as crews complete punchlist items from School Street to the Wayland town line between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dinsmore Avenue: Dinsmore Avenue will be closed as crews make utility improvements. Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Speen Street: Expect minor traffic impacts as crews complete punchlist items on Speen Street between Old Conn. Path and Cochituate Road between7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Union Avenue: Northbound travel (heading toward Route 9) will be permitted through the work zone (between Melrose Street and Walnut Street). Southbound traffic between Walnut Street and Melrose Street is NOT permitted; traffic will be detoured to Franklin Street (southbound) to Melrose Street to reconnect with Union Avenue. All trucks and over-sized vehicles heading southbound must use Franklin Street. Two-way local traffic traveling between Main Street and Walnut Street will be maintained.
Additionally, work will take place in the area of the MetroWest Medical Center on Lincoln, Thurber, Myrtle, Learned and Evergreen Streets. Please take notice of posted parking restrictions.
The City requests that motorists do not cut through residential side streets or parking lots to circumvent the detour; that type of activity can create traffic issues and unsafe situations for pedestrians.