By Framingham State athletics
Castleton, VERMONT – The Framingham State University field hockey team surrendered two goals in each half as the Rams were defeated 4-0 Wednesday evening by Castleton in Little East Conference action
Framingham State is still seeking its first Conference win and is 0-6 in the Little east Conference. The Rams are 2-6 overall.
Castleton is undefeated in the Conference at 6-0and 8-2 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Castleton got on the board first in the 28th minute when Cydney Jeffrey tapped in the ball from the right side.
- Castleton extended the lead seven minutes later on a goal from Allison Lowell.
- Castleton added a pair of second half goals in the 53rd minute from Loretta Blakeney and 62nd off the stick of Sarah Wells to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Castleton had four difference players score goals in tonight’s game and received single assists from Gabriella Hung and Gabrielle Ryan.
- The Spartans outshot the Rams 29-4 in the contest and held a 14-2 edge in penalty corners.
- Freshman Grace Pushor took the loss in the cage for the Rams allowing four goals while making 16 saves.
- Tashia Pashby-Rockwood earned the victory in net for Castleton making one save.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday afternoon when they travel to Keene State for a Little East game beginning at noon.