FRAMINGHAM – I am writing to express a very sincere thank you to Ricky Finlay, Priscila Sousa, Cheryl Tully Stoll, Beverly Hugo, Leslie White Harvey, and Boni Cruz and so many others for their amazing and outstanding dedication to the effort to build a new playground at Interfaith Terrace on Oct. 17, the site of one of Hoops and Homework’s centers. They have taken the lead and accepted the challenge.
This playground is located in the highest poverty section of Framingham and it needed to be replaced because of safety and noncompliance issues.
Words cannot express my immense gratitude to the above folks for their taking on this vitally important project. We owe them a huge THANK YOU!!
If you would like to help out our heroes in any way with the following Google: Hoops and Homework in Framingham.
- Breakfast, lunch and beverages for volunteers
- Paper goods and utensils
- Heating units, refrigeration/coolers, access to power, etc.
Recruitment of volunteers:
- 200 volunteers for general construction Oct. 17
- 25-30 volunteers for site prep Oct. 15 and 16
- No experience necessary
- 3-5 volunteers to staff the registration table
- Secure music and microphone
- Ensure that the playground site is level and free of asphalt, concrete and debris.
- Secure the necessary tools + tents, tables and chairs
- Secure restrooms with at least one being handicap accessible
- Collect and dispose of trash and recycling
- Plan for parking
- Secure a certified CPR/first aid provider + first aid kit
- Make sure the community is fully aware of the playground project
- Plan for press releases and media invites
- VIP invitations
- Develop an opening and closing ceremony
- Thank you banners
Special thanks for those who are making this project happen!
Herb Chasan, founder of Hoops and Homework