The Team Framingham Steering Committee randomly selects a pre-determined number of charity partners and Framingham residents or employees of the City of Framingham and Framingham Public Schools to participate in the Boston Marathon as part of Team Framingham.
Applications for charities and runners interested in participating in the random selection process will be made available on the City of Framingham’s website starting yesterday, October 1.
The application period will close at 4 p.m. on Monday, November 2, 2018.
The random lottery drawing for both runner and charity applicants will be on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
- The Team Framingham Steering Committee will utilize a random selection process to allocate charity partner and runner entries for the 2019 Boston Marathon.
- Framingham residents or employees of the City of Framingham and Framingham Public Schools, Keefe Technical School and the McAuliffe Charter School will be eligible to enter the random selection provided they commit to a fund-raising effort to support one of several charities, non-profits, or programs to be designated. Former Framingham employees who retired from service to Framingham within the last 10 years, with a minimum of 5 years of service, are eligible to submit applications.
- There will be a finite number of Framingham based 501c3 charities, non-profits, and programs selected by random drawing following an open and rigorous application process. Runners selected by the random selection will be required to choose one of the designated charity, non-profit or programs to benefit from their fundraising efforts.
- Runners selected by random selection will commit to a fundraising goal of $4,000 in support of one of the designated charities, non-profits or programs. A minimum fundraising obligation of $2,000 must be met to prevent the runner from being excluded from participating in future Team Framingham programs. The fundraising goal and minimum obligation may be increased from year to year.
- A runner selected for an invitational entry who fails to reach the minimum fundraising obligation will not be eligible to participate in the random selection in subsequent years.
- The Team Framingham Steering Committee will encourage runners selected to get connected to a marathon training mentor and to participate in monthly team meetings that focus on training and fundraising techniques.