FRAMINGHAM – The calendar says October, but construction is still ongoing in the City of Framingham. Below is a list of road construction work, including Framingham DPW and utility projects.
All construction schedules are weather permitting.
- Concord Street: Expect moderate traffic delays as crews perform utility improvements in areas along Concord Street between Cochituate Road (Rt. 30) and School Street between 7 a.m.a nd 3 p.m.
- Cottage Street: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements between School Street and Danforth Street between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Flanagan Drive: Expect minor delays crews perform utility improvements along the sidewalk between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Fountain Street: Expect minor delays as crews perform roadway improvements overnight between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.A detour will be in place for this work.
- Franklin Street/Mt. Wayte Avenue: Expect minor traffic delays as crews perform utility improvements in the area of 480 Franklin Street between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minor delays as crews continue utility work on Indian Head Heights between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Lanewood Avenue: Roadway closure between Briarwood Road and Waveney Road until November as crews perform utility improvements under the aqueduct. Traffic will detour onto Angelica Drive and Waveney Way to access Waveney Road.
- Little Farms Road/Angelica Drive: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Middlesex Street: Expect moderate delays as a detour will be in place while crews perform utility work between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Nixon Road: Expect moderate delays on Thursday, October 4 and Friday, October 5 as crews pave the roadway from Edmands Road to Parmenter Road and Parmenter Road to the Marlborough town line between7 a.m. and 4 p.m. A detour will be in place for this work.
- Old Conn. Path: Expect moderate delays on Thursday, October 4 and Friday, October 5 as crews pave the roadway from School Street to the Wayland town line between 7 a.m. an 4 p.m.Traffic will be one lane alternating.
- Pierce Street, Dinsmore Avenue: Dinsmore Avenue will be closed as crews make utility improvements. Expect minor delays on Pierce Street as crews pave the roadway. Work for both projects will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Speen Street: Expect minor traffic impacts as crews complete punchlist items on Speen Street between Old Conn. Path and Cochituate Road between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Union Avenue: Northbound travel (heading toward Route 9) will be permitted through the work zone (between Melrose Street and Walnut Street). Southbound traffic between Walnut Street and Melrose Street is NOT permitted; traffic will be detoured to Franklin Street (southbound) to Melrose Street to reconnect with Union Avenue. All trucks and over-sized vehicles heading southbound must use Franklin Street. Two-way local traffic traveling between Main Street and Walnut Street will be maintained.
Additionally, work will take place in the area of the MetroWest Medical Center on Lincoln, Thurber, Myrtle, Learned and Evergreen Streets.
Please take notice of posted parking restrictions. Work will take place overnight between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. tonight.
The City requests that motorists do not cut through residential side streets or parking lots to circumvent the detour; that type of activity can create traffic issues and unsafe situations for pedestrians.