WORCESTER — Worcester Academy held its 184th Commencement Exercises June 1 with 145 seniors graduating.
Commencement speaker was longtime Worcester Academy arts faculty member Robert Thorn.
Among the graduates were two Framingham students. They were:
- Aaron Jaynes
- Patrick Lavin
SENIOR AWARD WINNERS:
- Bucknell Award: Yuxin “Bella” Deng of Shanghai, China.
- Class Of ’35 Prize Trophy: Rachel Diodati of Mendon
- Class Of 1890 All Around Athletic Prize: Christopher DelMastro of Wakefield
- The Rev. Edward Merrill Dart ’27 Award: Yuliya Borodavka of Kiev, Ukraine.
- Sarah Duemmel ’94 Memorial Award: Chineme Amechi of Lagos, Nigeria.
- The David A. Echelman Award: Siyu “Victoria” Chen of Shanghai, China.
- The Allan Glazer Memorial Award: Saeed Abdi of Hargeisa, Somaliland.
- Marc D. Levine Lifer Award: Hannah Michelson of Worcester
- William W. McAlpine Award: Sydney Kennedy of West Boylston
- Neil W. Peters III Award: Nicholas Lennox of Uxbridge
- Cole Porter ’09 Visual & Performing Arts Award: Andrew Crowthers of N. Smithfield, RI.
- HG Rader Grant: Daviana Perez of Worcester
- Donald “Dee” Rowe Award: Samuel Thoreen of Worcester
- George T. Sargisson Class ’27 Award: Louis-Xavier Lachapelle of Granby, Quebec, Canada.
- Richard Winters Drama Award: Regina Milkani of Worcester
- Sigma Cup: Chineme Amechi of Lagos, Nigeria.
Worcester Academy is an independent co-ed day and boarding school for grades 6 to 12 and postgraduates. Our urban setting, diverse community, and innovative curriculum provide each student with unique opportunities for self-discovery, academic achievement, and personal empowerment.