By Framingham State athletics
NORTH ADAMS – The Framingham State University volleyball team received a career-high 17 kills from freshman Brandee Thomas as the Rams opened Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action with a 3-0 road victory over MCLA.
The Rams won in three sets by scores of 25-19, 25-9 and 25-11
Framingham State is now 4-3 overall and 1-0 in the Conference. MCLA drops to 4-4.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Thomas paced the Rams on the attack with her 17 kills off the bench on 27 attacks with just two errors for a .556 hitting percentage.
- Sophomore Grace Caughey added 11 kills and six digs, while sophomore Brandey Rodriguez chipped in with five kills and three blocks.
- Junior Deirdre Fay added six kills, 12 digs and three service aces, while freshman Alyssa Cafarelli led the back row with 16 defensive digs and four service aces.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen dished out 28 set assists with three service aces and eight digs.
- The Trailblazers were led by six kills and nine digs from Sara LaFreniere, while Mackenna Jordan led the defensive effort with 16 digs.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Salve Regina for a non-conference tri-match with Rhode Island College beginning at noon.