FRAMINGHAM – Framingham Public Schools out of school time program is advertising for aides at several elementary schools.
The part time position pays $12 an hour, and is only a 10-month per year job.
“The OST Aide position is designed to work alongside the Explorers’ Mentor by providing support to enhance the overall quality of programming and facilitation in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools,” according to the job posting.
Applicants need the the “ability to assist in the transition of a group of students; to complete one on one check-ins with individual students; to build good relationships with children, other aide’s, mentors, parents, as well as coordinators; to use creativity to assist students in specific crafts and activities; to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form; to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups including staff, parents and the general public; to use reasoning ability to evaluate information and determine/recommend an appropriate course of action.”
- Responsible for supporting programmed activities for young people, while following program policies and procedures.
- Establish and develop a supportive and meaningful relationship with the young people.
- Support the implementation of age-appropriate activities as assigned by the Program Coordinator, Club Teacher, and Mentor.
- Attend and participate in annual staff professional development calendar, staff meetings, and other programs and activities as assigned.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
The aides report to the Program Coordinator.