FRAMINGHAM – Summer road construction projects are in full swing now.
Below is a list of Framingham DPW and utility projects that may cause you delays this week, July 16-21.
All work is weather permitting
- Concord Street/A Street: Expect moderate traffic delays as crews perform drainage and trench work between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Donlon Street/Emily Road: Expect moderate delays as a detour is in place while the Water Department performs utility work between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minimal delays as crews continue to construct a water storage tank between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lanewood Avenue: Expect minor delays as crews perform gas main relocation between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Lindberg Road/Hampshire Road: A detour will be in place as crews install gas mains between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Little Farms Road: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements between7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lockland Avenue: One lane alternating traffic plan will be in place as Eversource replaces gas main and services from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Roadway Resurfacing: Expect minor traffic delays as crews perform punchlist items to Normandy Road, William H. Welch Way, Sanger Street, Thompson Street, and Pearl Street. Hours of operation will be overnight, between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Salem End Road: Expect moderate to significant delays as crews replace water mains on Salem End Road between Badger Road and Lantern Road. A detour will be in place between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.. On Tuesday, July 17 at 3 a.m.., crew will perform water main work, at which time a detour will be in place.
- Speen Street/Old Conn. Path: Expect moderate delays as crews perform roadway improvements on Speen Street between Old Connecticut Path and Route 30.
- Temple Street/Mayhew Street/Winter Street: Expect minor delays as crews perform sewer work between 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Union Avenue: Northbound travel (heading toward Route 9) will be permitted through the work zone (between Melrose Street and Walnut Street). Southbound traffic between Walnut Street and Melrose Street is NOT permitted; traffic will be detoured to Franklin Street (southbound) to Melrose Street to reconnect with Union Avenue. All trucks and over-sized vehicles heading southbound must use Franklin Street. Two-way local traffic traveling between Main Street and Walnut Street will be maintained.
- Union Avenue Bridge: Crews are anticipated to inspect the Christopher T Garrahan Memorial Bridge early next week.
This will require a short-term, temporary closure of the bridge; therefore, a detour will be in place.
This work is anticipated to take place on Monday or Tuesday, late morning.