1 Senator Karen Spilka is the speaker at the Commonwealth Commentary event in Boston this morning at 8:30.
The Commonwealth Commentary, sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA, is a breakfast series held three times a year. It is designed to provide women and men of all ages with information and resources they need for effective civic engagement and to provoke valuable discourse around the status of women in politics and public policy.
2. Today is the first day of final exams for Framingham High students.
It is also the last day of classes for Saint Bridget School students.
The official last day of school for Framingham Public School students is Monday, June 25.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham City Council’s subcommittee on planning and zoning meeting at 5;30 p.m.
- City Council’s subcommittee on education at 6:15 p.m.
- Framingham City Council meeting at 7 in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building
4. Today is Juneteenth.
Also called Freedom Day or Emancipation Day, Juneteenth is a combination of “June” and “nineteenth,” to mark the day in 1865 that Major General Gordon Granger came to Texas to announce that President Abraham Lincoln in 1863 had freed the slaves and to comply locals in Galveston to comply with the law.
Many communities across America mark the day with events and parades.
5. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.