1 Today is the season opener of the Framingham Farmers’ Market at the Framingham Center Common. The Market will be open from noon to 5:30 p.m. Click here for a list of vendors scheduled.
Petroni Media Company photo
2. Today is Flag Day. To celebrate, the Framingham Business Association has teamed up with the League of Women Voters Framingham chapter to host a Flag Day Gala at the Framingham Elks Lodge on June 14 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds go to the City of Framingham’s FlagDay Committee. Click here for more details.
3. The SaveMarian group is hosting a Marian Fun Day for students and their families, staff, and alumni at Farm Pond today from 5 to 7 p.m. The Catholic co-ed high school will close this month. All are invited.
4. Today is Domestic Workers Celebration Day at the Massachusetts State House. The Massachusetts Coalition of Domestic Workers is hosting the event for domestic workers (nannies, au pairs, housekeepers, home care aides), their families and their employers, ally and partner organizations to network, be revitalized and be connected with each other. There will be testimony from workers, community leaders, legislators and policy makers that supported the passing of the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights. There will be a brief presentation from the Fair Labor Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General Office too. The event starts at 9 a.m. and is expected to end at 1 p.m.
5. CITY Of Framingham meetings:
- Edgell Grove Cemetery Trustees have a meeting at 3 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Assessors are scheduled to meet at 5:15 p.m.
- Framingham Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet at 7 in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Planning Board is scheduled to meet at 7 in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building
According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.
BONUS: The World Cup starts today. Russia is the host. USA does not have a team among the 32 teams. Russia hosts Saudia Arabia at 11 a.m.