1 The 200 Foundation will hold its 54th annual dinner tonight at the Longfellow’s Wayside Inn in Sudbury starting at 5:30. Their mission is mission is to provide basic services: food, shelter, clothing and rehabilitation services. They have supported Daniel’s Table and Hoops & Homework in Framingham. Entertainment tonight by Lenny Clark.
2. Jim and Sheryl Stockless are hosting a campaign kick-off event tonight for Mike Gatlin, who is running for the state representative seat in the 6th Middlesex District. The seat is currently held by the late Rep. Chris Walsh, and represents 11 of the 18 Precincts in the City of Framingham. The event is from 6 to 8 p.m.
SOURCE runs a political column during election season. Submissions for the column are due by Friday at noon. The column publishes on Saturdays.
3. McCarthy Elementary School will hold its last PTO meeting of the year tonight at 7.
4. Singer-songwriter Kristen Graves performs at themain Framingham Library tonight at 7.
She was recently listed as part of the “new generation of folk music” in the New York Times and had a recent mention in Rolling Stone for her participation in the compilation album, ‘Buy This Fracking Album’, produced by Movement Music Records. The performance is free.
Editor’s Note: Photo courtesy
5. CITY Of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham Historical Commission is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Memorial Building.
- Framingham Parks & Recreation Commission is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 at its office on Union Avenue.
According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.
UPDATED: The Mayor will attend the annual dinner of The 200 Foundation tonight in Sudbury.
BONUS: Framingham Source has a new Facebook group to post highlights and discuss sports in the City. The group is for youth, club, high school, college/university and adult sports. All are welcome to join, by clicking here.