1 The Framingham Traffic Commission held its first meeting last night and elected Dan Phipps, its chair. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June 26.
2. CITY Of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham Zoning Board of Appeals is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Council on Aging is meeting today at 1:30 p.m. in the Callahan Center.
According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.
3. Today is World Day Against Child Labor. The International Labour Organization launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 to focus attention on the global extent of child labor and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it. Annually, the day is marked on June 12 to shine a spotlight on the global need to improve the safety and health of young workers and end child labor.
4. Framingham High School will formally dedicate the Athletic Complex in memory of alumni and respected leader in the Framingham Public School district James E. Carey this afternoon at 4 p.m. The public is invited.
Framingham Source has a new Facebook group to post highlights and discuss sports in the City. The group is for youth, club, high school, college/university and adult sports. All are welcome to join, by clicking here.
5. The public is invited to meet the three finalists for Wilson Elementary School principal tonight at 6:30.