FRAMINGHAM – Earlier this month the Rotary Club of Framingham hosted a luncheon at Ken’s Steak House honoring 10 graduating seniors from MetroWest area high schools (Framingham, Ashland, Holliston, and Hopkinton).
Each of the students will receive a $4,500 scholarship from the Club to attend college.
The club began giving scholarships in 1954 – with the help of a large donation from club member Fred Turenne – to deserving high school seniors and has been doing so every year since.
In the last 10 years alone the club has given out $450,000.
The Framingham Rotary Club is a service organization made up of men and women from different walks of life who want to better the community in which
they live and work.
Scholarhsip recipients are:
- Narcisse Mukeba Kunda, Framingham High – Berezin Scholarship
- Camilla C. Silva, Framingham High
- Will Doolin, Keefe Tech
- Madeline Ann Sahagian, Holliston High
- Maz Syed Ahmad, Keefe Tech – Birmingham Scholarship
- Mary-Ann Mufute, Keefe Tech – Patelis Scholarship
- Gabriella Maria Rivas, Keefe Tech
- Thalia Anne Rodriguez, Keefe Tech
- Kassandra Tiburcio, Keefe Tech
- Dylan Eric Christoffels, Learning Center for the Deaf
Presenters included representatives of the Club’s Education Foundation – Nelson Zide, Framingham State University President Javier Cevallos, Teri Banerjee, and Stu Arvedon.
Photo courtesy of the Rotary Club of Framingham