FRAMINGHAM – The Concerts on the Common in Framingham begin Friday, June 22 and the first band is Broken English, a rock and roll band featuring Framingham Board of Health member Mike Hugo.
In April, the City of Framingham approved the license for the annual summer concert series, hosted by Framingham Parks & Recreation.
The concerts will continue on Friday nights through August 10, with a rain date of August 17.
Concerts will be 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in June and July, but will be from 6 to 8 p.m. in August.
The Concerts take place on the Framingham Centre Common, off Edgell Road, near Village Hall.
Families and residents are encouraged to bring chairs and picnics.
Here is the rest of the line up:
- June 29 – Southern Rail, a bluegrass band
- July 6 – Tom Nutile Band – big band sound
- July 13 – Little Red & The Riders, a swing band
- July 20 – Unfinished Business, classic rock and roll band, with ties to Framingham, including Fire Chief Joseph Hicks on guitar and vocals.
- July 27 – Bob Malone Band – a rocking blues band
- August 3 – Pablo Palooza, a rock and roll band, with ties to Framingham
- August 10 – J.C. & Enfusion – James Brown tribute band, with ties to Framingham.