1 Tonight is the MetroWest ESL fundraiser for Framingham Adult ESL. The event is at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
2. Potter Road Elementary School is hosting its 10th Annual Fine Arts Night featuring the recorder club, singing club, third grade recorder students, band, chorus, bucket drumming and the art show. Concert begins at 6:30 in the cafeteria. The art exhibition will be open from 6 to 8 p.m. in the gym.
3. Framingham Source has a new Facebook group to post highlights and discuss sports in the City. The group is for youth, club, high school, college/university and adult sports. All are welcome to join, by clicking here.
FLYERS in action:
- Boys tennis host Brookline in their final home match of the season. Game play begins at 3:45 p.m.
- Girls tennis is at Brookline for a 3:45 p.m. match
- Softball travels to Brookline for a 4 p.m. game against the Warriors
- Girls lacrosse hosts Ashland High at 6:30 p.m. at Bowditch Field. This is the final game of the season.
- Baseball hosts Brookline at 6:30 at the diamond at Bowditch Field. This is the final game of the season.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Edgell Grove Cemetery Trustees have scheduled a meeting for 3 p.m. today
- Framingham Disability Commission is meeting at 7 in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building.
- City Council finance subcommittee has a meeting scheduled tonight at 7 in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham School Committee’s policy subcomittee will meet at 7 p.m. at Fuller Middle School. On the agenda is a discussion of the food policies. Public comment is welcome.
According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, the mayor has no public events today.
5. Lucas Gustafson, a middle school student who started folding and creating origami at age 6, and is a long-time member of the Origami Club at MIT will lead a free workshop this afternoon at the main Framingham Library from 4:15 to 5 p.m.