1 The Callahan Center presents From the Great Pyramid to the Freedom Tower: A Brief History of Western Architecture tonight from 6 to 7, with archaeologist Paolo Di Gregorio.
Part 1 with focus on on the architecture of the Ancient World: Egypt, Greece & Rome. Di Gregorio is an historian, archaeologist, and educator with a passion for telling the stories of our past. He is a visiting lecturer in the history department at Bridgewater State University and an instructor in the anthropology department at Wheaton College. The lecture is free but pre-registration is required.
2. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham City Council appointment subcommittee will meet at 6 p.m. in the Memorial Building
- Framingham City Council finance subcommittee will meet at 6:30 tonight in the Memorial Building
- Framingham City Council will meet tonight at 7 in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building
3. Framingham Source has a new Facebook group to post highlights and discuss sports in the City. The group is for youth, club, high school, college/university and adult sports. All are welcome to join, by clicking here.
FLYERS in action: (weather permitting)
- Softball hosts Marlborough High at 3:45 p.m. at Framingham High
- Boys lacrosse hosts Catholic Memorial at 3:45 p.m. at Phil Read field at the high school
- Girls lacrosse is scheduled for an away game against Westford Academy
4. Framingham Public Works is hosting a blood drive at 100 Western Avenue today from noon to 4 p.m. All are welcome to come and donate blood.
5. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, the mayor has no public events today.
The Mayor is speaking at the 2nd Annual People of Color in Criminal Justice Conference at Framingham State University, co-hosted by the University and the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office. It is not on her public schedule.