1 The Framingham City Council’s finance subcommittee will hold a public hearing on the Mayor’s proposed $288.7 million budget tonight at 7 in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building.
Pictured is two members of the subcommittee District 6 City Councilor Mike Rossi and District 8 City Councilor Judy Grove.
2. CITY of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham Planning Board is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Memorial Building.
3. Framingham Source has a new Facebook group to post highlights and discuss sports in the City. The group is for youth, club, high school, college/university and adult sports. All are welcome to join, by clicking here.
FLYERS in action (weather permitting):
- Framingham High softball team travels to Sudbury for a game against Lincoln-Sudbury at 4 p.m.
- Boys lacrosse hosts Brookline at 4:30 p.m. at Phil Read Field at the high school.
- Girls lacrosse has a game in Brookline against the Warriors at 4:45 p.m.
- Baseball travels to Franklin for a game at 6:30 p.m.
4. The start of Ramadan was delayed, as the new moon was not sighted in Saudi Arabia. Ramadan is the holiest month on the Islamic calendar, and marks the start of the 30-day fast. It is believed Ramadan will now start tonight, May 17.
During the 30 days of Ramadan, practicing Muslims who are able to, are barred from eating between sunrise and sunset. The purpose of the fast is teach Muslims self-restraint, discipline, and generosity.
5. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, is attending a luncheon at the Callahan Center to honor seniors at 11:30 a.m.