There is also a very low threat of a tornadoes in Central and Western Massachsuetts.
2. FLYERS in action (weather permitting):
- UPDATED: Girls softball hosts Weston High at Framingham High at 3:15 p.m.
- Flyers girls lacrosse hosts Ashland High at 4:45 p.m. on Phil Read Field
3 CITY of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham Recreational Marijuana Task Force has a meeting at 5 p.m. at City Hall.
- Framingham Zoning Board of Appeals is scheduled to meet at 7 in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham City Council is scheduled to meet at 7 in the Blumer Room in the Memorial Building.
4. Today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. The cookie has is origin with Framingham State University.
“Ruth Graves graduated from the Framingham State Normal School Department of Household Arts in 1924. After graduation, she worked as a dietitian and food lecturer. In 1930, she published a cookbook entitled Ruth Wakefield’s Recipes: Tried and True. The book went through thirty-nine printings. The most famous of her original recipes was the Toll House Chocolate Crunch Cookie, named for the restaurant that she and her husband Ken Wakefield owned, the Toll House Inn. Better known as the chocolate chip cookie, Ruth Wakefield developed this recipe in 1933 by breaking up a Nestle semi-sweet chocolate bar and adding it to a basic brown sugar cookie dough,” according to Framingham State.
5. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, she has no public events today.