Each weekend, Framingham Source Editor Susan Petroni will make picks for things to do.
Below are her picks for Saturday, April 21
- GET HEALTHY: MetroWest YMCA is hosting its annual Healthy Kids Day today from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is perfect for families with children ages 3-12. And non-members are welcome to attend the free event which features a Kid’s Bootcamp, Obstacle Course, Nutritious snacks, Arts and Crafts, Plant fun, Framingham Fire Truck, Gymnastics and Dance demos, Relay races, Picnic areas, Sidewalk chalk and so much more!
- EXPLORE SCIENCE: Framingham State University will host its 4th Annual Science on State Street event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the University campus for families.
- LEARN ABOUT SAFETY: First United Methodist Church on Water Street is hosting a community safety day from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Highlights include a bicycle helmet check by Framingham Police (free helmet while supply lasts), Fire Safety, Framingham DPW trucks, Emergency Medical with Ambulance, and Electronic Recycling (for a fee). There will be a moonwalk, balloon animals, and food concessions.
- STROLL A CRAFT FAIR: The Rotary Club of Framingham will host its annual craft fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Keefe Technical High School. More than 100 vendors expected. Free admission. Click here for more details.
- ATTEND A CARNIVAL: Framingham High Class of 2018 is hosting a carnival this weekend as a fundraiser in Saxonville. Carnival opens today at 1 p.m. Click here for more details.
BONUS: 2nd Annual Heroes Hockey Cup Tournament continues today and tomorrow in Marlborough at the New England Sports Center.