The following is a list of road construction projects in the City of Framingham, the week of April 15. Monday is Patriots Day, so road work may not start on all projects until Tuesday, April 17. Construction schedules are weather permitting.
- Fountain Street/Dudley Road: One lane alternating traffic pattern will be in place Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. as crews make utility improvements.
- Hastings Street: Expect significant delays on Hastings Street and any adjoining streets, as crews mill the roadway and apply a leveler course of hot mix asphalt. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minor delays as crews continue to make utility improvements between the hours 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ellis Street: Expect minor delays as crews work to install flow meters between the hours 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lockland Avenue: One lane alternating traffic plan will be in place as Eversource replaces gas main and services from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Little Farms Road, Angelica Drive: Expect minor delays as utility work at pump station on both streets is performed 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Neville Road: Expect minor delays as crews work to replace water services from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Poskus Road: Poskus Road will be closed as crews work to replace sewer main and services. A detour will be in place; please follow posted signage. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Union Avenue DETOUR: Northbound travel (heading toward Route 9) will be permitted through the work zone; southbound traffic will be detoured down Franklin Street and onto Melrose Street to reconnect with Union Avenue. Over-sized vehicles approaching from Mt. Wayte will also be detoured down Franklin Street and onto Melrose Street to access Union Avenue. Two-way local traffic traveling between Main Street and the Christopher T. Garrahan Memorial Bridge crossing the Sudbury River will be maintained.
The City requests that motorists do not cut through residential side streets or parking lots to circumvent the detour; that type of activity can create traffic issues and unsafe situations for pedestrians.