1 Massachusetts AARP is holding a volunteer engagement meeting at the Sheraton in Framingham today. The sold out event will feature an address by AARP National President Eric Schneidewind. Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker is expected to speak this afternoon. Other speakers include Massachusetts Secretary of Elder Affairs Alice Bonner and Massachusetts AARP President Sandy Albright.
Framingham Source will be in attendance
2. City of Framingham and School meetings:
- McCarthy Elementary School Council is scheduled to meet at 6 p.m. at the Flagg Drive school.
- City Council’s finance subcommittee is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. in the Memorial Building in the Blumer room. On the agenda is presentations from both the Framingham Public Schools and Keefe Technical School on its proposed fiscal year 2019 budget.
- Dunning Elementary School Council is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. at the Frost Street school.
- Framingham School Committee is scheduled to meet at 8:15 p.m. in the Ablondi Room at the Memorial Building.
According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website she is not attending any public events today, that is because she is in Atlanta through Saturday.
3. MetroWest Conference for Women is planning its 2nd Annual Conference in Framingham for September. The first public meeting is scheduled for tonight from 7 to 8;30 p.m. at the Christa McAuliffe Library. All are invited to share your vision for an outstanding, relevant, purposeful conference. This meeting is for anyone interested in becoming a speaker, an exhibitor, a volunteer, a sponsor, or those curious about our year long process to bring to life the largest Women’s focused event of the year to MetroWest.
Last year’s first conference sold out in August with more than 500 attendees.
Editor’s Note: In full transparency, I am on the Board of Directors for the MetroWest Conference for Women
Photo from 2017 conference of Board of Directors with Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito.
4. FLYERS in action
- Flyers softball is expected to open its season today on the road against Milton High at 3:45 p.m.
- Framingham baseball season opener is today on the road against Milton at 3:45 p.m.
- Boys tennis has its season open in Braintree at 3:45 p.m.
- Girls tennis has its season and home opener at 3:45 p.m. at the the high school.
- Girls and boys outdoor track opens the season against Braintree on the road today at 3:45 p.m.
- Framingham High boys volleyball has a match against Wellesley High on the road at 4 p.m.
5. Pinefield Garden Club will host Going Native: Low Maintenance Trees and Shrubs with Betty Sanders tonight at Heritage in Framingham at 7;30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. Public is invited.