1 The Framingham Public Library’s Films Around the World series continues today at 1:30 p.m. The library will screen the movie I Fidanzati, a 1963 film from Italy with English subtitles in the Costin room. This poignant film is about a Milanese couple who are separated when the young man is sent to Sicily on a job. The film focuses on ordinary people who overcome loneliness and longing in order to rejuvenate their love. Arthur Nolletti, Professor Emeritus, Framingham State University will be the discussion leader.
2. City of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham Housing Authority is meeting at 5 p.m.
- Framingham Library Trustees are meeting at 7 p.m. at the main Framingham Library
- Keefe technical School Committee meeting at 7 p.m.
3. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website she is not attending any public events today, but has office hours with City Councilors from 4 to 5 p.m.
However, Mayor Yvonne Spicer is scheduled to speak tonight at Town-Wide PTO at McCarthy Elementary School at 7:30 p.m., according to the TWPTO. The public is invited to attend. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.
4. FLYERS in action
- Boys varsity volleyball will host Brookline High at 4 p.m. at the high school gym
- Girls and boys outdoors track meet against Norwood is cancelled for today.
5. Nobscot Neighbors is hosting a meeting on “protecting open space” with the Sudbury Valley Trustees tonight at 7 at Heritage at Framingham at 747 Water Street. The public is invited to attend the free event.
The guest speaker is Christa Collins, Director of Land Protection at Sudbury Valley Trustees. She will talk about protecting open space and the Wayside Forest in Nobscot.