1 Massachusetts governor candidate Jay Gonzalez will be in Framingham this morning special to the Framingham Special Education Parents Advisory Council (FSEPAC) at B Sisters Cafe at 680 Worcester Road from 9 to 11 a.m.
2. Framingham High presents Disney Dazzle tonight at 7. Tickets are $12, and will be sold at the door.
3. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website she is not attending any public events today.
4. FLYERS in action:
- Framingham High boys volleyball will travel to Weymouth for a 4 p.m. match against the Wildcats.
- Framingham High boys lacrosse won its first game of the season yesterday.
- Baseball game has been postponed.
The Framingham Public Library’s brown bag lecture series returns today at noon at the main Framingham Library. Steve Pessotti from the Society for Financial Awareness (SOFA) will present advanced retirement planning stategies for 60 minutes.
Most people are so busy with the day-to-day job of living that they don’t have time to acquire the financial education necessary to secure a wealthy and prosperous future. Join Pessotti as he discusses advanced retirement planning strategies including:
- Estate Planning – Wills vs. Trusts – Learn how to avoid probates*
- Life Estates – Learn how to protect your real estate from nursing home liens*
- Ancillary Documents – Learn about Durable Power of Attorney, HIPPA compliant Medical Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy and Pour-over Will*
An additional workshop has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 10 from 2-3:30 p.m. and again from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Costin Room that will cover:
- Nursing home/Medicaid rules- Learn about 5 year look back and asset limitations for single and married tax payers.
- Fixed and Fixed Indexed Annuities- Learn how they provide principle guarantees and tax deferred growth.
- Lifetime Income Annuities- Create an income like social security that you can’t outlive.
- Lump Sum vs. Pension Income Payouts- Learn about the benefits and disadvantages.
- Social Security- Learn about major rule changes effective in 2016.