FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Auxiliary Police held an open house for new members last night at the Framingham Police Station.
About a dozen men and women attended the event to learn more about what the Auxiliary Police do in Framingham.
Members interested in joining would go through a screening process that includes passing written examinations, a background investigation, and a formal interview.
Those selected for membership would be required to successfully complete the Massachusetts Police Training Committee Basic Reserve Police Academy at their own expense.
The academy is currently 393 hours, meeting nights and weekends, at an estimated cost of $2,700 including books and equipment.
At the end of a full year of service, the Framingham Auxiliary Police will reimburse $500 of your tuition.
Individuals interested in become a Framingham Auxiliary Police Officer MUST:
• Live or work in the City of Framingham
• Be at least 21 years of age
• be a Citizen of the United States of America
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrate a clear interest, motivation, and intent to perform a volunteer community service for the inhabitants of the City of Framingham as an auxiliary police officer