1 Happy Valentine’s Day.
February is American Heart Month, and as a community-based organization committed to improving the nation’s health, the MetroWest YMCA urges everyone in the MetroWest community to get a blood pressure screening. High blood pressure is often referred to as “The Silent Killer” because there are typically no warning signs or symptoms. The MetroWest YMCA at 280 Old Conn Path in Framingham is offering free blood pressure screenings on Valentine’s Day from 9 a.m. to noon.
2. Today is also Ash Wednesday, and the start of Lent for many Christians.
3. MUSTANGS in action:
- Marian High’s boys hockey program has an away game against St. Bernards at the Wallace Civic Center at 7:30 p.m.
FLYERS in action:
- Girls ice hockey team has an away game against Brookline High at 6 p.m.
- Boys ice hockey will host the Warriors of Brookline High at 7 p.m. at Loring Arena.
4. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham License Commission will hold its first-ever meeting tonight at 7 in the Memorial Building.
- Framingham Board of Assessors has a meeting scheduled at 5;15 p.m.
5. Framingham Library is hosting an origami workshop this afternoon at 4 p.m. for kids. Led by Lucas Gustafson, a middle schooler who started folding at the age of 6 and is a longtime member of the origami club at MIT, the program will take place at the main Framingham Library on Lexington Street. In the first workshop, participants will learn a few simple techniques that will enable them to fold the classic origami crane and create a string of colorful cranes to take home. In following meetings, attendees will be folding a variety of animals and geometric shapes.