The following is a press release from the Mayor’s office:
Framingham – The City of Framingham received seventeen (17) applications for five (5) seats on the licensing board of the seventeen (17) applications six were women, eleven (11) were men, four (4) were Spanish speakers and one (1) was a Portuguese speaker. The appointed commissioners consist of two (2) women, three (3) men, two (2) Spanish speakers, one (1) Portuguese speaker and represent the diversity of Framingham.
Mayor Yvonne M. Spicer is pleased to announce terms and appointed positions of the Board of License Commissioners:
- Adam R. Barnosky, Esq. will serve a two (2) year term on the Board of License Commissioners and has been appointed Chair. Adam is an attorney that specializing in alcoholic beverage licensing and regulatory compliance. Attorney Barnosky has nearly ten years of experience working with businesses throughout the Commonwealth, including restaurants, bars, package stores, breweries, hotels and other businesses operating that require some form of licensing.
- Cesar Monzon will serve a two (2) year term on the Board of License Commissioners and has been appointed Vice Chair. Cesar is a former Framingham Selectmen and Information Specialist for the Office of the Census Bureau has been selected. Cesar has extensive knowledge of Massachusetts General Laws governing the licenses issued; and past experience and involvement making decisions granting and revocation of licenses
- Sara Mulkeen, MPA will serve a three (3) year term on the Board of License Commissioners and has been appointed Clerk. Sara is currently employed with Framingham State University as the Manager of Digital Communications and Interactive Media. Sara has been a resident of Framingham for the past 12 years,
- Joao Paulo Sakai de Freitas will serve a one (1) year term on the Board of License Commissioners. Joao has been a business account representative with Comcast Corporation since 2009. Joao is a previous business owner and has past experience organizing events for the Brazilian community.
- Tiel Doust Wadland will serve a one (1) year term on the Board of License Commissioners. Tiel has over five years of experience in the restaurant industry, managing seven restaurants with 150 employees.