Each weekend, Framingham Source Editor Susan Petroni will make picks for things to do.
Below are her picks for Saturday, January 20:
- ALL THAT JAZZ: Catch the final performance of Framingham High School Drama Company’s production of Chicago tonight at 7:30. Superintendent Bob Tremblay opens the show. Click here for a slideshow.
- ENVIRONMENTAL WORKSHOP: Mass Sierra Club, Sustainable Framingham, First Parish Climate Action Team and Transition Framingham and 350MA Metrowest Node are hosting an environmental activist training workshop today from 2 to 4 p.m. ta First Parish in Framingham. No registration is required for the 2-hour workshop.
- FLIP FOR FLYERS: The Framingham High gymnastics team travels to Natick for a meet against the Red Hawks of Natick at 4 p.m. The team is 3-1 this season.
- ROBOTICS COMPETITION: Walsh Middle School is hosting a VEX Robotics Competition In The Zone High School Qualifier. Mor ethan 45 teams from Massachusetts and Connecticut will be competing through 5:30 p.m. Eight teams will qualify for the Southern New England Regional Championships March 3 at Quinsigamond Community College.
- YOU CAN PLAY NIGHT: Framingham High girls ice hockey program is sponsoring a “You Can Play Night” event at Loring Arena. The Girls will battle Weymouth at 5 p.m. and then host a program afterwards for youth.
BONUS: School of Rock is opening its newest location in Natick. There is an open house today from 1 to 4 p.m.