FRAMINGHAM – The first Framingham City Council meet of 2018 will take place on Tuesday, January 2 at 7 p.m. in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building.
On Monday, the 11 elected City Councilors will be sworn in at an inauguration ceremony at the Memorial Building at noon. The public is invited.
Back in November, the Council met and elected a chair (District 5 City Councilor Dennis Giombetti) and a vice chair (District 1 City Councilor Charlie Sisitsky).
On Tuesday, the Council will re-affirm that vote.
Here is the agenda for the January 2 meeting, which mayor-elect Yvonne Spicer, said she will attend:
CALL TO ORDER
1. REAFFIRM VOTE – Reaffirm Council vote on election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT/VOTE = Acknowledge receipt of Memorandum of Lease relative to property at 19 Nixon Road pursuant to MGL c. 61A, § 14
3. REQUEST TO THE MAYOR – Request to the Mayor to convene a Financial Summit on or before March 6, 2018
4. VOTE – Request to establish by ordinance the requirements of the Capital Inventory submitted annually by the Mayor to the Council pursuant to Article XI Section 8 (b) of the Charter
5. VOTE – Create a committee to establish and recommend to the Council an official city seal and to authorize the City Clerk to advertise for applicants to the committee per Article X Section 7 (w) of the Charter
6. VOTE – Request to establish an ad hoc committee of the council for the purposes of creating and recommending to City Council job descriptions for two positions under the authority of the City Council: City Auditor and City Council Secretary
7. COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE – Establish City Council meeting schedule for January – June 2018
8. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – City Council Minutes from December 6, 2017
COMMUNICATIONS/REPORT FROM THE MAYOR
REPORT FROM THE CHAIR
REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIRS