FRAMINGHAM – Framingham Town-Wide PTO (TWPTO) and Framingham Source are partnering to host a forum for the School Committee candidates on the November 7 ballot.
The forum will be held on Monday, October 30 at 7 p.m. at Fuller Middle School’s auditorium.
Framingham TWPTO President Kevin Harris invited the candidates on the November 7 ballot to the forum this morning, Sept. 21.
Presently, there are seven School Committee members, all elected community-wide. With the passage of the new city charter in April, Framingham voters will elect a 9-member School Committee, with each member elected by a district. Two current Framingham precincts were combined to form a city district. In November, each district will elect one School Committee member and one City Councilor to represent them.
The new change, means that only a maximum of four of the current seven School Committee members could be elected to the new School Committee. Framingham School Committee Chair Heather Connolly has chosen not to seek election.
The forum is your opportunity to hear from the 15 individuals hoping to be elected to the Framingham School Committee.
Follow Framingham TWPTO on its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/
Those certified to be on the ballot are:
- District 1 (Precincts 1 & 2): Jim Kelly and Beverly Hugo
- District 2 ( 3 & 5): Rick Finlay
- District 3 (4 & 7): Sheryl Goldstein and Scott Wadland
- District 4 (6 & 9): Adam Freudberg
- District 5 ( 8 & 12) Noval Alexander and Bradley Bauler
- District 6 (10 & 11): Michelle A. Brosnahan and Geoffrey Epstein
- District 7 (13 & 14): Tiffanie Maskell
- District 8 (15 & 18): Gloria Pascual and Leslie White Harvey
- District 9 (16 & 17): Richard Baritz and Tracey M. Bryant