1 Tonight is the first mayoral debate. Heritage at Framingham is hosting the debate with all seven mayoral candidates from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Unfortunately, the seats for the debate are filled and there is a waitlist of more than 150. Heritage at Framingham will Facebook live the 90-minute debate. Framingham Source will also be in attendance and will have a report on Thursday.
Plan ahead: There is a forum with the seven mayoral candidates on Saturday, Sept. 9 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Nevins Hall in the Memorial Building sponsored by the League of Women Voters Framingham Chapter. The public is invited to attend.
2. Today is the last day to register to vote if you wish to participate in the Sept. 26 preliminary election. You can register online. The deadline is 8 p.m.
3. There are several PTO meetings tonight.
- King Elementary at 6:30
- Wilson Elementary at 6:30
- Dunning Elementary at 7
- McCarthy Elementary at 7 – this has been postponed until Sept. 12
5. FLYERS in action:
- Framingham High girls swim & dive team will open its season at home against Notre Dame Academy tonight at 5:15 at Keefe Tech’s Pool. Attendance is free. The Flyers are the defending Bay State and Division I MIAA Sectional champions.
- The golf team is scheduled to open the season today, but the match could be postponed due to the weather.
MUSTANGS in action:
The Marian high girls volleyball team travels to Whitinsville Christian for match today at 5:30 p.m.