FRAMINGHAM: This is where motorists can expect to see delays due to road way construction projects in Framingham,
The projects below are either MassDOT, Town of Framingham, or utility projects.
All construction is weather permitting.
The Winter Street bridge is still closed.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Gorman Road and Hartford Street. Weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- DOWNTOWN COMMON IMPROVEMENTS: Expect minor delays as crews continue to pour concrete for the new sidewalk along the perimeter of the Common. Intermittent restriction of parking on Park St. as concrete for sidewalks is poured. Additionally, the sidewalk along Franklin St. will be closed.
- EDMANDS ROAD: Surveying will be taking place early this week near the Southborough town line. Expect minor traffic impacts.
- GUILD ROAD/WAUSHAKUM BLVD: Expect minor traffic delays as sewer improvements are made in the area. Police detail officers will be on site.
- INDIAN HEAD HEIGHTS: One lane of traffic will be permitted on Indian Head Road, and Indian Head Road will be closed during working hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. due to drainage installation and utility work. Access will be granted to emergency vehicles only.
- MAIN STREET: Expect moderate traffic delays as crews remove and repair a damaged section of a retaining wall. Hours of construction are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- MT WAYTE AVENUE: One lane of traffic in each direction will be permitted, with jersey barriers on the roadway, as the contractor begins phase III of the project.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Mon-Fri between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted.
- SPEEN STREET AND COCHITUATE ROAD: Expect minor traffic delays as overnight utility improvements are being made. The construction will run Sunday-Thursday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.. Police detail officers will be on site.
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Traffic traveling both north and southbound will now be permitted on Union Ave from the Sudbury River Bridge to Main Street. Vehicular traffic coming from Mount Wayte Ave going to Union Ave will cross over Union Ave to Buckminster St., down Walnut St, and back to Union Ave. Large trucks will still need to go down Franklin St. and cut over to Union Ave from Melrose St.
- WAVERLY STREET: Expect moderate delays along Waverly Street, as roadway improvements will continue to be made during the day. Two nights of overnight paving is expected on August 16 and 17 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., weather dependent. Police detail officers will be on site to facilitate safe travel.