KINGSTON, RI – At the University of Rhode Island’s 131st Commencement on Saturday and Sunday, May 20-21, about 2,600 undergraduate and 650 graduate students became the University’s newest alumni.
The following students from Framingham graduated from the University:
- Jonel Delano Williams received a Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Shannon Alana McArthur received a Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Marketing (BSBA)
- Preethi Ramya Narayanan received a Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management (BSBA)
- Shae Dorothy Moran received a Bachelor of Science, Health Studies
- Mike Stekly Williams received a Bachelor of Science, Nursing Magna Cum Laude
- Lindsay Anne Hitrys received a Bachelor of Science, Textiles, Fashion Merchandising and Design
Students who received the honor summa cum laude graduated with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.7; students who received the honor of magna cum laude graduated with a GPA of at least 3.50; and students who received the honor of cum laude graduated with a GPA of at least 3.3.
The University of Rhode Island’s pioneering research extends the University’s influence well beyond its coastal borders, while its unique interdisciplinary courses provide its 16,637 undergraduate and graduate students with global opportunities in an intimate environment. In May 2017, more than 2,600 undergraduate and about 650 graduate students graduated from the University. The University now has more than 122,500 alumni worldwide.
Photo supplied by URI