WORCESTER – Worcester Academy held its 183rd Commencement Exercises June 2 with 135 seniors graduating.
Among the graduates were 2 Framingham residents. They were:
- Kyle Boudrot
- John Nichols-Daly
The commencement speaker was Jonathon Starr, a Worcester Academy alum and the founder of Abaarso School of Science and Technology in Somaliland in Africa. Valedictorian was Samuel Hatem of Northboro, and salutatorian was Matthew Adiletta of Bolton.
SENIOR AWARD WINNERS:
- Bucknell Award: Haein Lee of Lancaster
- Class of ’35 Prize Trophy: Samuel “Sam” Hatem of Northborough
- Class of 1890 All Around Athletic Prize: Ivan Sebuufu-Bazitya of Worcester
- The Rev. Edward Merrill Dart ’27 Award: Zachary Kelley of Norfolk
- Sarah Duemmel ’94 Memorial Award: Elena Ngjela of Worcester
- The David A. Echelman Award: Yuezhen “Cici” Chen of Guangzhou, China.
- The Allan Glazer Memorial Award: Matthew Adiletta of Bolton
- Marc D. Levine Lifer Award: Mackenzi Turgeon of Worcester
- William W. Mcalpine Award: Megha Panigrahi of Southborough
- Neil W. Peters Iii Award: Yixun “Daniel” Wang of Qingdao, China.
- Cole Porter ’09 Visual & Performing Arts Award: Matthew Dallas of Berlin
- Hg Rader Grant: Zachary Kelley Norfolk
- Donald “Dee” Rowe Award: Julia Pelletier of Pelham, NH.
- George T. Sargisson Class ’27 Award: Maya Yoshikawa of Fairbanks, AK.
- Richard Winters Drama Award: Lauren Kuchnir of Southborough
- Sigma Cup: Matthew Adiletta Matthew Adiletta of Bolton
Worcester Academy is an independent co-ed day and boarding school for grades 6 to 12 and postgraduates. Our urban setting, diverse community, and innovative curriculum provide each student with unique opportunities for self-discovery, academic achievement, and personal empowerment.
Photo and release courtesy of Worcester Academy