There is no salary on the job posting. The salary is per the “secretarial contract.”
Framingham High Principal Elyse Torbert announced earlier this year she would be leaving the district to move to Arizona with her family. Her last day is mid-July.
The goal of the executive assistant is to “coordinate the office of the high school principal.”
The individual would also be responsible for:
- Coordinating the testing of MCAS, PARCC, PSAT.
- Coordinating, managing and overseeing building-based grants and Advisory Boards.
- Coordinating Community Outreach, Public Relations, and Special Projects.
- Conducing project research for the Principal.
- Managing to account for student activities.
- Managing several different objectives, projects, and activities simultaneously and with extensive attention to detail.
- Preparing Press Releases on behalf of the Principal.
- Attending School Council meetings.
- Preparing reports for the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Completing and attending any and all additional assignments as determined by the Principal.
The position is a 12-month work year.
Qualification for the position include:
- Prefer an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant to an executive
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer use and appropriate applications
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and commensurate experience
- Ability to establish and maintain organized office systems and procedures
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Ability to take notes and transcribe information
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to recommend and pursue relevant projects
- Ability to conduct research and produce reports