FRAMINGHAM – Weather permitting, the following road construction projects by Framingham DPW and MassDOT will be happening in town.
The Winter Street bridge is still closed. MassDOT said it will re-open in “late 2017.”
- The BELKNAP re-paving project is expected to be completed this week.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Aberdeen Rd and Gorman Rd. Mon.-Fri. between 9 a.m. to 3p.m.. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- DOWNTOWN COMMON IMPROVEMENTS: Expect minor delays as crews will begin excavation work around perimeter of the common. Additionally, the sidewalk along Franklin St. will be closed.
- DUDLEY ROAD: Minimal traffic impacts are expected between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, as crews perform excavation and grading work on the Dudley Road Multi-Use Recreation Path Project.
- GRIFFIN ROAD: Mimimal traffic impacts are expected as the drainage work is performed. Police detail officers will be on site.
- INDIAN HEAD HEIGHTS: Minimal traffic impacts expected as construction vehicles enter and exit the roadway.
- IRVING STREET: One lane alternating traffic will be in place from Western Avenue to Leland Street, as gas main work will be performed. Also, scaffolding work will be done and will affect the stretch of Irving Street from Hollis St. to Columbia St., one lane alternating traffic.
- MT WAYTE AVENUE: Deck repairs on the bridge on Mt. Wayte Ave will be done at night between 7:30pm and 4 a.m. Minimal delays are expected as a result.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Mon-Fri between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted.
- SPEEN STREET AND COCHITUATED ROAD: Expect minor traffic delays as overnight utility improvements are being made. The construction will run Sunday-Thursday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.. Police details will be on site.
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Construction Phase I will be in effect. Northbound traffic on Union Ave is permitted, southbound traffic will be detoured down Franklin Street. Large trucks are not permitted to take a left at Mt. Wayte Ave and must continue to Melrose St. for access to Union Ave.
WAVERLY STREET: Expect moderate to significant delays from the Natick town line to Mellen Street, as roadway improvements will be made. This includes day and night work. Police detail officers will be on site.