The following is an announcement submitted by the candidate, per the Framingham Source election policy. As per the policy, the statement is published below as submitted.
I proudly announce my candidacy for District 5 City Councilor.
As we begin our journey together under a changed form of government, it’s important to remember that the heart and soul of Framingham will not change.
Like many of you, my husband and I chose to start our family in Framingham because we wanted our children to grow up in a community that sees strength in diversity, strives for excellence in education, and celebrates its history while embracing innovation.
As a city, Framingham will continue to be a place where both families and businesses can thrive. I am proud to say that Framingham has exceeded our family’s expectations, but I am confident that together we can build upon this strong foundation to make our city even better!
I have had the privilege of serving Framingham as Chair of Precinct 8 and as a member of the Ways & Means Committee and Town Meeting for the past three years.
Through this work, I have developed a thorough understanding of Framingham’s challenges as well as its assets.
I believe that my work in the financial industry and in non-profit administration gives me a unique perspective in addressing these challenges. I have strong fiscal and management experience working for the past ten years for a financial services firm, where I manage a multi-million dollar budget. Throughout my diverse career, I have also worked professionally as an actor and held positions in non-profit administration and development. These experiences have taught me to value diverse viewpoints, seek common ground, and approach each situation with a combination of in-depth analysis, creativity, and common sense.
If elected as a District 5 City Councilor, I pledge to represent you, to regularly seek your input, and to always be available to listen to your concerns. I also want to use my time on the council to focus on the following goals:
Guiding Our Transition
- Support a seamless transition of government while maintaining excellence in public services.
- Thoroughly vet mayoral appointees and work to create a culture of accountability and efficiency.
- Promote diversity and ensure that all residents’ voices are equally heard.
Managing Our Budget
- Champion financial transparency and accountability.
- Work collaboratively to find new synergies in our budget to improve services while reducing costs.
Supporting Our Schools
- Work with the School Committee and state delegation to improve funding and address the challenges of rising costs.
- Support the new Middle School in District 5 while exploring all revenue streams to reduce the financial burden on taxpayers.
Preserving Our Environment
- Encourage alternative energy installations on both city and private property.
- Protect open spaces through smart development with input from all residents and stakeholders
Improving Our Quality of Life
- Support increased cultural opportunities for residents.
- Support local small businesses and encourage new businesses.
Thank you for your consideration! I look forward to representing the residents of District 5 and being a new voice fighting for Framingham.