FRAMINGHAM – As school vacation ends on Monday, belowe are the road construction projects for the week of April 24 that could cause you headaches.
All are weather permitting.
The Winter Street bridge at Fountain Street is still closed. It is not expected to re-open by MassDOT until “late 2017.”
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Northbound traffic on Union Ave is permitted, southbound traffic will be detoured down Franklin Street. Large trucks are not permitted to take a left at Mt. Wayte Ave and must continue to Melrose St. for access to Union Ave.
- ANNUAL ROADWAY PROGRAM: Expect minimum to moderate traffic delays as highway crews adjust castings and prepare driveway aprons, which will affect Belknap Road, Blackberry Lane, and the surrounding areas.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Aberdeen and Gorman Roads Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- DOWNTOWN COMMON IMPROVEMENTS: Expect minor delays as crews will begin excavation work around the common. Additionally, the sidewalk along Franklin St. will be closed.
- GRIFFIN ROAD & EISENHOWER RD- Minimal traffic impacts, as the contractor, will be paving the sidewalk on Griffin Road and will be repairing two sewer manholes on Eisenhower Road.
- WAVERLY STREET: One lane alternating traffic will be in effect in the area of 596 Waverly Street between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., as gas main work will be done. Expect moderate delays.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Mon-Fri between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m., as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted. H