1 The Framingham Council on Aging will hold its monthly meeting today at 1:30 p.m. at the Callahan Center.
2. The Framingham School Committee will hold a budget workshop meeting at 7 at King Elementary School.
3. A new photography exhibit opens tonight at Open Spirit in Saxonville. The exhibit is a one-woman show by Nicci Meadow. Click here for more details.
4. FLYERS In action:
- Today is the opener for the Flyers baseball team. Framingham travels to Braintree for a 3:45 p.m. game.
- Girls lacrosse will be looking for its first win of the season in Dedham at 3:45 p.m.
- Boys lacrosse has its home opener at 4 p.m. at Phil Read Field
5. For the first time, the MBTA and Keolis, who operates the commuter rail, is selling a special all-day pass for riders of the Framingham/Worcester line on Marathon Monday only. The special commemorative ticket, available to purchase now, is $20.
Ticket holders can watch the race in downtown Framingham, catch part of the race in West Natick, Wellesley, and Newton, and then take the train into Boston to watch runners cross the finish line. There is no stop on the line at the start in Hopkinton.
Starting today, you may see and hear plane flyovers as part of the preparation for Monday’s Boston Marathon.