FRAMINGHAM – 1984 and 1985 Boston Marathon winner Geoff Smith will be speaking at the final Team Framingham team meeting Thursday, April 6.
Smith will speak at 7 p.m. in the Blumer Room at the Memorial Building. The public is invited to attend.
The 21 Team Framingham runners continue their training and fundraising in advance of the April 17 Boston Marathon.
As of Saturday April 1, the Team Framingham 2017 runners have raised $57,251 for the following six Framingham charities:
- Framingham High School Foundation (3 runners)
- Framingham History Center (2 runners)
- Friends of the Callahan Senior Center (6 runners)
- Hoops and Homework (3 runners)
- Resiliency for Life (4 runners)
- Voices Against Violence (3 runners)
The standings by charity:
- Hoops and Homework (3 runners) – $14,532
- Resiliency for Life (4 runners) – $13,818
- Callahan Senior Center (6 runners) – $12,459
- FHS Foundation (3 runners) – $6,401
- Voices Against Violence (3 runners) – $6,261
- Framingham History Center (2 runners) – $3,780.
“Team Framingham 2017 runners are doing a phenomenal job with their fundraising this year bringing us to a four-year total of $243,726 thus far benefitting a diverse group of important local charities,” Team Framingham 2017 Steering Committee Chair Mike Bower said.
“I am confident we will surpass the $250,000 mark in four year fundraising before the runners line up in Hopkinton on April 17,” said Bower.
Residents and friends can learn more about the six wonderful charities on the Town of Framingham website by clicking here.
The Government Access Channel has produced its annual Team Framingham cable program. It will be broadcast multiple times during the next two weeks to enhance the fundraising totals for the runners.
The link to the streaming video of this informative program can be found
Members of the Greater Framingham Running Club and residents and employees of the town of Framingham who are running the April 17 th Boston Marathon with a number from another source are welcome to attend team meetings and to join the team on the bus that will be taking the runners from Loring Arena to Hopkinton on Marathon Monday.
Individuals need to send their name and email address to email@example.com to reserve a seat on the Marathon Monday Team Framingham bus. First come, first serve until the bus is full.