Each weekend, Framingham Source Editor Susan Petroni will make picks for things to do.
Below are her picks for Saturday, April 1:
- POLICE VS FIRE: Today is the 8th Annual Battle of the Badge, the annual charity hockey game between the Framingham Police Blue Liners vs the Framingham Fire Jakes. Admission is free tothe game at Loring Arena but both departments are asking for donations to Devin Suau – #WhyNotDevin. The puck drops at 2 p.m. (Petroni Media Company photo from the 6th Annual Battle of the Badge.)
- ART & BEER: Springdale Beer will host an art reception with the Framingham Contemporary Artist Group today from 3 to 7 p.m. The latest exhibit features 11 artists and more than 2 dozen works of art.
- MEET THE WALSHBOTS: Meet the members of the Walsh Robotics Club as they demonstrate their award winning robots at the Stop & Shop on Old Conn Path in Framingham today from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Two teams will be heading to VEX Robotics World Championships in Kentucky later this month.
- ART OPEN HOUSE: Danforth Art is hosting an open house today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Click here for more details.
- MAD HATTER’S TEA PARTY: MetroWest Dance Academy in Framingham is holding a special performance today at 3 p.m. for toddlers and preschoolers and their families. Next weekend, the dance academy will hold its first major performance. Today’s performance is free but is intended just for the younger audience.
BONUS: Ashland High School is hosting the MetroWest College and Career Fair today from 9 a.m. to noon.