FRAMINGHAM – Today is the deadline to apply to be the next Framingham High School principal, said Framingham Public Schools Human Resource Director Inna Kantor London.
Framingham High Principal Elyse Torbert submitted her resignation last month. She is leaving in July to move to the west coast with her family. Torbert is the third high school principal since 2014.
London also announced that three additional women have been added to the screening committee.
Members of the screening committee include:
- Ildefonso Arellano (District’s Assistant Director of Special Education)
- Glenda Cohen (English as a Second Language teacher, Framingham resident)
- Jeff Convery (FAA President, Framingham High Vice Principal, parent of Framingham High student and graduate)
- Roxanna Copeland (Paraprofessional, Framingham resident)
- Maria Davis (Department Head, World Languages teacher, Framingham resident)
- Sonia Diaz (District’s Chief Academic Officer)
- Peter Erbland (Department Head, Technology Education teacher)
- Sarah Hofschire (incoming 2017-18 Framingham High PTO President)
- Anne Ludes (Framingham High Associate Principal, parent)
- Michelle Melick (Principal of Cameron Middle School)
- Nancy Novo O’Connor (Cameron PTO President, parent of incoming high school student)
- Maria Sequenzia (History teacher)
- Colette Sicotte (English Teacher, parent)
- Viviana Vilches (parent)
- Kerry Wood (Framingham Teachers Association building representative, English teacher)
Added to the Committee were:
London said the Committee will select four finalists, who will visit the district the week of April 24.
Interim Superintendent Ed Gotgart and newly named Superintendent Tremblay are expected to name a new high school principal the week of May 8, said London.
Under state law, the Superintendent of Schools and not the elected School Committee is in charge of hiring principals.
Editor’s note: In full transparent, I am a parent of a Framingham High student.