FRAMINGHAM – After working almost a year on a home rule charter, eight of the nine elected Charter Commissioners voted to recommend that registered voters approve a city form of government on April 4.
If you vote, yes Framingham will become a city form of government with a mayor, an 11-member City Council and an expanded 9-member School Committee.
If you vote no, Framingham will keep its town manager, Selectmen and Town Meeting form of government.
To help voters make up their mind, the 9-member elected Charter Commission will hold a series of 9 forums between Feb. 27 and March 27 to discuss the pros and cons of voting yes or voting no.
The first forum is tomorrow, Feb. 27 at the Christa McAuliffe Library at 7 p.m.
The other forums, all open to the public, are:
- Thursday, March 2: Stapleton Elementary School
- Monday, March 6: Brophy Elementary School
- Thursday, March 9: Wesley Church
- Tuesday, March 14: Elks Lodge
- Wednesday, March 15: Keefe Tech Auditorium
- Tuesday, March 21: McCarthy Elementary School
- Thursday, March 23: St. Tarcisius, Parish Center
- Monday, March 27: Wilson Elementary School