Editor’s Note: Please bookmark this page. Source will update it Wednesday night and Thursday
FRAMINGHAM – Framingham could see more than a foot of snow by the end of the day Thursday.
With the forecast predicting anywhere from 10 to 14 inches of snow, Acting Framingham Superintendent of Schools Ed Gotgart made the decision to call the district’s first snow day of the school year on Thursday.
McAuliffe Charter School, Marian High School, and Keefe Technical School all will be closed on Thursday. Framingham State University will also be closed on Thursday.
The Governor held a press conference at 6 p.m. State offices will be closed for all non-emergency, executive branch state employees on Thursday, February 9.
“Tomorrow’s forecast is expected to create hazardous driving conditions across many parts of the Commonwealth. To prioritize public safety, we are asking everyone to stay off the roads to allow crews to safely clear snow or use public transportation,”said Governor Charlie Baker. “Please assist us by shoveling driveways and sidewalks in your communities, and be sure to lend a hand to neighbors in need.”
The State Emergency Operations Center at MEMA Headquarters in Framingham will be activated Thursday morning to provide situational awareness and coordinate any requested assistance to cities and towns.
Commutes and travel will be significantly impacted with snow covered roads, low visibility and possible white-out conditions.
Motorists should stay off the roads and use public transit when possible, according to the Governor.
If you must drive, please exercise caution, “don’t crowd the plow”, and stay behind snow removal equipment on the roadways.
The MBTA, including the commuter rail, is preparing to operate on a normal schedule tomorrow. Commuters are encouraged to be patient, allow plenty of time for travel.
Framingham DPW will NOT be picking up trash or recycling on Thursday. Residents are asked not to put the barrels out as they will cause problems for snowplowing. Collection will now be on a one-day delayed schedule.
All non-essential Municipal Buildings including the Memorial Building, Public Libraries, Parks Administration, the Callahan Senior Center, the Loring Arena and the Recycling Center will be closed on Thursday, February 9. All municipal buildings will re-open at their regular times on Friday, February 10.
Town of Framingham will declare a weather emergency parking ban at 7 a.m. on Feb. 9 through 7 a.m. on February 10. When the Town of Framingham declares a snow emergency, parking is prohibited on all arterial roads in town. These roads are posted with red and white signs. View a list of arterial roads.
Please clear home and auto exhaust vents to prevent carbon monoxide exposure and avoid downed utility wires.
Also, please assist in keeping sidewalks, and fire hydrants and storm drains in your neighborhood clear.
Cancellations & Closures:
- The Framingham branch of the YMCA will open at 5 a.m. but close at 9 a.m. on Thursday due to the storm. The pool will be open from 5:30to 8:30 a.m. There will be no group exercise classes.Programs and instructional classes are cancelled for Thursday February 9, 2017. The Family Outdoor Center and Early Learning Center are also closed. Framingham School’s Out snow day program is also cancelled.
- Open Spirit Center has cancelled classes for Thursday
- Title Boxing Club will close at 11 a.m. Thursday
- RCN’s office will be closed in Framingham today
- Performing Arts Center of MetroWest will be closed.
- Ashland Ale House and Chick-fil-a will both be closed on Thursday
- Beauty Parlr event has been postponed to March 9
- Framingham Frogs swim practice cancelled for Thursday.
- Framingham Parks & Recreation programming cancelled for Thursday
- #211Day event with Lt. Governor Karyn Polito at the United Way of Tri-County has been postponed
- MetroWest Chamber of Commerce’s Ribbon Cutting for the United Way Pearl Street Cupboard & Cafe on Park Street postponed
- Multi-Chmaber Business After Hours with Corridor 9 and Marlborough Chamber postponed to Feb. 28
- The Boys & Girls Club of MetroWest Framingham Clubhouse will be closed Thursday
If you would like your event, organization or business added to this list please email editor@FraminghamSource.com