Each Monday, Framingham Source will publish where motorists will encounter road construction project. The following Town of Framingham, utility, and MassDOT projects are scheduled for the week of November 21, 2016 All work is weather permitting.
The good news is there is no road construction planned for Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24. The rest of the week expect delays on some major roadways.
- BEACON STREET: Casting adjustments and punchlist items. Expect minor delays.
- BEAVER STREET AND KENDALL STREET: Installation of imprinted crosswalks. Expect minor delays.
- CHERRY STREET/CUNNINGHAM DRIVE: Drainage structure installation. Detours may be necessary. Expect moderate delays.
- CONCORD STREET: At Corregidor Road. Installation of a new gas main. Expect delays.
- CONCORD STREET/HOLLIS STREET/DOWNTOWN FRAMINGHAM RECONSTRUCTION: Work on traffic signal activation and landscaping will continue.. Expect minor delays.
- ELMFIELD ROAD AND GRIFFIN ROAD: Final paving of both roadways. Detours will be in place. Expect minor delays.
- GOODNOW LANE: Water pump station renovation and improvements will begin. Minor, isolated delays.
- MOUNT WAYTE BRIDGE OVER CSX RAILROAD: Paving of the roadway on the bridge and bridge approach. Overnight work. Expect minor delays.
- MWRTA INTERMODAL COMMUTER LOT: Security fence installation, grading of the lot and sidewalk installation in the adjacent Banana Lot. Minor traffic impact.
- PRINDIVILLE ROAD: Casting adjustments and punchlist items. Expect minor delays.
- ROUTE 9 BRIDGE OVER FOSS RESERVOIR OUTLET: Construction continues on the bridge. Expect moderate delays.
- WINTER STREET BRIDGE: Eversource Gas will install a new gas main over the bridge requiring work in the intersections of both Waverly Street at Winter Street as well as Fountain Street at Winter Street. Expect delays.