Just a reminder today is an early release day for Framingham Elementary school students.
1 Framingham Department of Public Works is hosting a Blood Drive today from 1 to 4 p.m. at 100 Western Avenue. The public blood drive will support the MetroWest Medical Center Blood Donor Program.
“This event is to raise money to build a security fence around our beautiful new basketball court, to paint the surface and to purchase supplies and food for the kids who attend our after school and summer programs. We are located right in the lowest income rental housing apartment complexes between Beaver and Waverly Streets,” said Hoops & Homework Founder Herb Chasan.
3. Two productions have opening nights today.
- First, Framingham High School will present Urinetown at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15. There is a special $5 ticket for Framingham High students tonight. There are additional shows on Friday and Saturday night.
- Second, Framingham State University’s new theatre department will present Our Town at 7:30 p.m. at the Dwight Performing Arts Center on campus. Tickets are $15. Additional shows on Friday and Saturday night.
4. The main Framingham Library will host Easter 1916: WB Yeats & Irish Independence tonight at 7. Framingham State University Associate Professor Kelly Mathews, in this centennial year will discuss the Rising rebellion as well as Yeats friendships with the leading rebels and his role in Irish cultural and political movements. This is a lifelong Learning Lecture Series, which is a partnership between the University and the Framingham Public Library.
5. Support St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church tonight at a fundraiser at the British Beer Company (BBC) from 6 to 9 p.m. Mention St. Andrews fundraiser and a portion of your bill will go to the church.
“We have been serving this community since 1888. We extend service out into the community by supporting the Miracle Soup Kitchen at Salvation Army and food pantry, Stearns Farm CSA, the Veterans Outreach Center, Nets for Life, Al-Anon and Alateen, One Laptop per Child, Nucleo Educacionista de Framingham and recently the Performing Arts Center of Framingham and other programs,” said Sarah Larson.